Friday, January 14, 2011

Red Store and Sink Water


For some reason, my little Cupcake never wants to come home after running our errands. Without fail, as soon as we turn into our subdivision, from the backseat I hear, "I don't want to go home, Mommy". Sweetie Pie would never leave the house if it was up to her. This has been going on for months. Last night, Brett and I brought the girls to Toys R Us to get their friend's birthday gift and then we went to Target for my beloved coffee creamer. The girls call Target the "Red Store". They also associate the Red Store with Red and Blue Icees thanks to a trip to Target with my parents a few months ago. My Dad bought an icee for himself and let the girls try it. It was love at first taste and now I have an icee battle everytime we go to Target. So we finish up at Target and head home and as soon as we pull in the subdivision, my little blue lipped angel tells me, "I don't want to go home, Mommy". "Where do you want to go, Cupcake?" She thought about it for a second, realized that we had just left her favorite red store and said, "I want to go to the blue store". Ha, Ha! Did she mean K-Mart?

Later that night, Sweetie Pie had wiped chapstick all over her face and broke out in a rash, we gave her some Benadryl which wore off around midnight when Brett and I were going to bed. She woke up and said she wanted to lay in our bed. I was laying down with her and she asked for some water. We keep little plastic cups under our sink that the girls use when brushing their teeth so I brought her some water in that. She tells me, "I not want that, it is sink water". I asked her what was wrong with sink water? She tells me, "Myles said sink water is yucky, I not want yucky water". So now I know, peer pressure begins at age three.

0 comments: