Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brett!


This weekend was Brett's birthday weekend. I really like to make his birthdays special for him because I know it is difficult for him to be away from his family on special days like this. This year was even more fun because the girls really got in on the fun. They picked out their own cards for him and helped me pick the gift bag (Toy Story). We practiced singing Happy Birthday when he wasn't home even though as soon as he got home, Cupcake would ask him if he wanted her to sing Happy Birthday to him. Last night, we had dinner at PF Chang's with our friends and then came back to house and had a blast playing board games, drinking and shaking our groove things playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Brett had a bit too much fun last night so we had to cancel our scheduled visitors today. This morning I had the girls sneak downstairs with me to get his cake (we get him a Carvel Ice Cream Cake every year). They helped me write Happy Birthday on it and put the candles in it. We sang Happy Birthday and had ice cream cake for breakfast! Well, Cupcake, Brett and I had ice cream, Sweetie Pie had yogurt because, "I not like ice cream, it's yucky". Brett was able to do a webcam with his parents and then my parents came over for dinner. Brett got to do his favorite things, eat and watch football, all day!

0 comments: