Thursday, March 15, 2012

Our Angry Bird






I think it's safe to say that Sweetie Pie needs an Angry Birds Intervention. Brett let her play on his phone one time and she was hooked. She wakes up and makes her bed, brushes her teeth and puts her breakfast dishes in the sink without prompting in order to earn reward tickets that she immediately turns in for game time. She asks to fold laundry and wipe down sinks to earn additional tickets. It is both heart warming and terrifying. She now plays on the iphone or the Nook and actively yells at the pigs when she knocks them down. Here's the most pathetic part, I decided to try it out and couldn't pass the first board and this kid is earning high scores on every board. A couple weeks ago, we were at Macy's when Sweetie Pie spotted an Angry Birds t-shirt. "Oh, Mommy, can I please have this shirt? I really, really want it." How could I resist that sweet face and even sweeter request? A few minutes later, I was trying on maternity clothes and she asks in the fitting room if she could try on her new shirt and of course she wants to keep it on. Seriously, she is in love with this shirt! So I let her wear the shirt and then we head to the eye doctor to pick up Brett. He is waiting in the lobby, she runs up to him, unzips her coat and rips it off like she is Superman in a phone booth. Ta Da! She is so proud! This kid cracks me up.

0 comments: