Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday!


We survived! Our very sweet but very busy girls turned 3 and what a whirlwind it has been! I can tell you that most of the first year of their life is a blur of diapers, feedings, schedules, and lots of oohs and ahhs! Thank goodness I took so many photos to clue me in on what happened. The second year was much better in that we started to get the hang of things and realized we could handle this parenting thing...most of the time. The third year was a blast. They are all about inquiring and exploring. I don't want to say that things have gotten easier but the challenges are different. I love that they can tell me what they are thinking and feeling. I love that they enjoy playing together and play well with other children. I love that they are great sleepers. I love that I have focused so much on nutrition because they are really good eaters and eat a variety of foods. Did I mention that they are good sleepers? ;) I am so thankful to have them in my life because there were times when I truly didn't think it was going to be possible. My heart goes out to the families that continue to struggle with infertility. So the photo, this was taken on their very last night as 2-year-olds and my very last night of having 2 2-year-olds. We were putting them to bed when Cupcake asked if she could sleep with Sweetie Pie. Normally, Sweetie Pie really appreciates her very own bed and prefers to only have animals stuffed with fluff keep her company. On this night, she agreed and they slept together. My heart melted as I listened to my sweet girls giggling and being silly in their bed until they fell asleep. They slept like this all night along with their many Georges and Taggies! Happy 3rd Birthday, Sweetie Pie and Cupcake!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

her pussy and asshole so fucking tiny! like her mouth and little hands