Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cupcake's Trip to the Emergency Room


Everyone tells you it's going to happen at some point, but I was definitely not ready when it did. My little Cupcake fell on Friday the 13th, no less, and split her cute little forehead open. She was walking across our dining room and just wiped out and hit her head flat on the floor. Brett and I didn't see her fall but as soon as we heard the thump, we knew it was bad! I got to her first and there was so much blood coming from her head. It took my breath away seeing her in so much pain. We immediately applied a cold washcloth to her head but knew we were going to have to bring her to the Hospital. The blood slowed down enough that we were able to put a bandaid on for the ride to the hospital. Our awesome neighbors took care of Sweetie Pie for us so we could give Cupcake all our attention at the hospital. Cupcake was such a trooper and only cried when they had to clean the cut. Thankfully they didn't have to use stitches, they actually were able to glue it. The glue lasts about a week which should be long enough to close it up completely. It just broke my heart to see her have to go through that and I would have traded places with her in a heartbeat if I could. Although, I will say I think she handled it much better than I would! I am amazed by my girls everyday and am madly in love with them! I am so blessed to have such a loving, supportive husband and two healthy, beautiful daughters.

1 comments:

Hilary said...

Poor Emily! I'm glad to hear that she's okay!